Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clem_gw

sears garage door opener codes

clem
15 years ago

Our Sears 0.5 HP garage door opener(Model# 139.53635SRT) is ~12 years old and has worked well. Recently, it "auto-reversed" itself a few times after closing completely. Per the Owner's Manual, I made a minor adjustment to the "down force", did the 1" board "safety reverse system" check and all seemed well in our world. One morning a few days later, when the light inside the garage was still dim, I happened to notice that the green light on the back of the opener is blinking in a repeating series -- 5 blinks -- pause -- 5 blinks, etc. This continues door up or door down. Otherwise the system seems to be operating normally. Can anyone decode the 5 blinks? The only thing I can find in the owner's manual is that if "THE DOOR REVERSES FOR NO APPARENT REASON AND OPENER LIGHT BLINKS FOR 5 SECONDS AFTER REVERSING": CHECK THE SAFETY REVERSING SENSOR - - . Can't see that I've got a problem.there. Meanwhile (just went out and checked again) the thing continues to generate this non-ending series of 5 blinks.

Comments (3)