Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage Door opener

Posted by chris_n_kelda (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 11:04

OK...I push the button on either remote or on the wall unit, and it starts to close, then stops, and I can hear a clicking after that for a few seconds that sounds like a turn signal in your car. I'm sure that it is trying to tell me something, but I do not know what that is.

Also, if I hold down the button on the wall unit, it WILL actually close the door, but that's the only way it will close. It is opening fine with all remotes and the wall unit. There is nothing in front of the sensors.

Am I missing something?

Chris
Gilbert, AZ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/2 hp Garage Door opener

What it is trying to tell you is the sensors in the doorway are not working. Most likely one of them has been bumped or somehow knocked off line. Each of them should have a small light that is on and not flickering. Tweak them some to align them properly. There is always the possibility one of the sensors is bad or the wiring to them is. The clicking you hear is the relay that controls the main light on the opener. If the light were working you would see that it blinks 10 times when you have a sensor problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here