Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
potsman

Craftsman 1/2 hp code reset problem

potsman
16 years ago

Hello. I have recently bought a house and am having trouble with my GDO. It is a craftsman 1/2 hp model 139.18605sr. I have a user manual but it is in french and can not find a user manual for this model. My issue is that the opener opens and closes at will. The issue started as there was no remote left behind. I found a clicker universal unit that I got to work. Everything worked ok for a couple weeks. It appers now though that any code will work without programming. The liftmaster website says to press the yellow code reset button and 6 seconds later, the led will go out and all codes wll be erased. I press this button, however the led never goes out no matter how long I hold it. I have changed the dip switches in the remote plus altered the frequency of the remote and it still works. I had the vacation button engaged on the wall control, yet it still opened and closed on it's own. I disconnected the wall unit all together and still the same problem. I am thinking I am getting signals from other GDO's in the area, but I can not get rid of them. Any Advice?? Is the unit ready for the trash?

Comments (2)