Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing a Garage Door

Posted by cecilt (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 07 at 8:48

I'm am choosing between a Raynor Centura with a Marantec Q7700 opener or an Amarr Heritage with a Liftmaster 3280 GDO. The Raynor is $2,750 with lifetime on everything including labor and the Amarr is lifetime on everthing and 1 year on labor for $2,000 installed. I don't have living space above the garage but my kitchen is behind one of the garage walls. Currently we have a carport and we are enclosing the space so the kitchen wall is already insulated. Any opinions on these 2 options. I know nothing about Marantec. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing a Garage Door

Couple things. Door is an 18'x8' and the Raynor dealer will upgrade the rollers to what comes on the Affina (top of the line Raynor door). The Affina is $3000 from them installed with the same Maranted Q7700. Thanks

o

By upgrading the rollers they probably mean they will give you nylon rollers which is not a huge difference. Biggest difference in rollers will be whether they are 8 or 10 ball bearing rollers. 10 is better. Nylon rollers are just quieter.

I don't know anything about the Marantec Q7700. I would opt for the Liftmaster 3280. It is the best and most popular opener in the world. Both doors are evenly matched as far as quality is concerned. I have saw them both and they appear to be good doors.

Are you sure your first option comes with a life time warranty on everything? That means once it is installed you will never have to pay for parts when they break?? That does not sound right to me. I would double check that. I know of no one who offers a warranty like that.

o

Here are the differences I could tell from the websites. ARe the differences worth spending $750 more for the Raynor vs. the Amarr:

1) Raynor is 24 guage steel (I assume both inner and outer skin vs. Amarr which is 24 guage outside/27 interior
2) Raynor is r value of 18 vs. Amarr r value of 9.19
3) Raynor has a baked on polyster finish vs. Amarr is baked on but i don't know if it is a polyster
4) Raynor might have the enuracote Hardware System as a throw in (this is extended life springs, track and hardware that are powdercoated and contain nylon rollers vs. Amarr which might be nylon only
5) More than likely a better warrany with Raynor
6) Raynor is Polyurethane vs. Amarr having polystrene

These are differences but not sure if they are worth $750. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here