Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marantec Opener Opens on Own

Posted by insulnutor (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 5:37

We've had this happen twice now and it only occurs in the middle of the night. We have two openers on our garage but only the one door does this. The one door has been partially open in the morning with no one opening it. The first time it was about halfway open. This last time it was three-quarters open. I'm not sure about the first time but this last time when you pushed the button on the wall it made the door go up which it should've went down, it was almost like the door had been opened and then the button pushed again to make it come down and then stopped. We have no clue what is going on with it. There are no lights flashing on the opener when this happens. We do have a neighbor that probably has the same brand opener. Is it possible that their opener is affecting us? They don't exactly live close either. We're just looking for any suggestions as this has us puzzled.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marantec Opener Opens on Own

Marantec is a brand that I am not familiar with. With that being said, most newer machines don't vary that much from brand to brand in terms of technology and basic mechanics.

I would doubt if your neighbor's unit is affecting yours. If that was the case, you would have been experiencing problems since day one.

With "phantom openings" it is usually the result of one of the following:

* faulty remote - stuck button or broken contact constantly sending a signal to the receiver to open/close the door.

* short in the bell wire leading to the wall button

* faulty wall button

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here