Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chamberlain HD400DM Garage Door not working

Posted by Klaus145Kinsky (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 4:44

A Chamberlain Garage door I've installed is not working. The sensor lights are all on and properly aligned. The light to the door control panel is also on and I believe it is working too. I have adjusted all the force and travel limit switches and still no joy. There were times after the installation that the door opened in bits up to the top but it never came down after countless efforts and trouble shooting.
This is the background to my situation: we are in Ghana, W/A and we have 220VAC 50Hz supply. The system is a US version with a 120VAC 50Hz supply. Solve this voltage issue I used a step down transformer to step down the voltage from 220V 50Hz to 110V 60 Hz for the product to work. Since I've tried everything and the system is still not working I have a hunch that maybe the fault stems from the 10V difference between the transformer giving out 110V and the opener's stated operating voltage of 120V. Could this be the problem or I can try less costly solutions. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here