Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anupm12

Clopay garage door adjustment

anupm12
14 years ago

I had a Clopay garage door installed some 4 years ago. It has extension springs (not a torsion spring) mounted on top of the tracks with the EZ-Set feature, which allows spring tension to be adjusted with a drill and a hex bit. The door is paired with a Genie opener.

One day I noticed that the when the door closed, the right hand edge didn't quite make it to the floor. I discovered that the cable on the right hand side had slipped off both the right hand side pulleys. I loosened the tension, put the cable back on and tightened the tension. Now the right hand edge does meet the floor like it is supposed to.

However, now I am observing 2 symptoms. The first symptom is that with the Genie disconnected, when I manually bring down the door with the handle, it tends to maintain position when left alone during the first half of travel. However, during the second half of travel, the door has a tendency to fall down. The second symptom is that the rollers on the right hand side tend to drag against the tracks, but the rollers (in the vertical part of the door) on the left hand side do not have any contact with the tracks. After the door is closed, it sits closer to the right track than the left.

How can I fix the above conditions?