Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clopay garage door adjustment

Posted by anupm12 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 29, 09 at 23:16

I had a Clopay garage door installed some 4 years ago. It has extension springs (not a torsion spring) mounted on top of the tracks with the EZ-Set feature, which allows spring tension to be adjusted with a drill and a hex bit. The door is paired with a Genie opener.

One day I noticed that the when the door closed, the right hand edge didn't quite make it to the floor. I discovered that the cable on the right hand side had slipped off both the right hand side pulleys. I loosened the tension, put the cable back on and tightened the tension. Now the right hand edge does meet the floor like it is supposed to.

However, now I am observing 2 symptoms. The first symptom is that with the Genie disconnected, when I manually bring down the door with the handle, it tends to maintain position when left alone during the first half of travel. However, during the second half of travel, the door has a tendency to fall down. The second symptom is that the rollers on the right hand side tend to drag against the tracks, but the rollers (in the vertical part of the door) on the left hand side do not have any contact with the tracks. After the door is closed, it sits closer to the right track than the left.

How can I fix the above conditions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clopay garage door adjustment

You need a door technician.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here