Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
keypad stop working

Posted by jimblim (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 11 at 21:11

i have a chamberlain. i replaced the remote but after i set the remote the keypad stops working. why is that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: keypad stop working

Sounds like you didn't get the right remote for your opener. There are some that will work but will cause the problem you have. Take the model number off the old remote if available and match it. If not take the model number off the opener and get the correct remote.

o

Thanks for the info! I have tried countless times to get it to work. I've even contacted Chamberlain. They never told me that remote was the issue. They suggested that I needed a new keypad. It was working fine until I added the remote. Do you know which remote I need? Or how I can find out? I don't have the old remote. My opener is a Chamberlain 9200. I bought the KLIK1U remote.

o

The KLIK1U should work with your opener and keypad. It is a universal type. When I first answered your post I had no idea what type remote you had purchased. I would follow the owners manual to a T and if there is no change I would follow Chamberlains advice. They are a class organization.

o

Thanks! I followed their advice but no progress other than the keypad will close the door but not open it. You are right about Chamberlain. They are sending me a new free keypad.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here