Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Okay guys......single mother needs your imput!

Posted by iowajewel (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 07 at 20:36

Today I looked at cabinets for the garage. I want to organize it better and have it look better too. Right now I have shelves, and lot of hooks to hang the odds and ends of stuff like shovels, rakes, etc. I also have a couple of golf club hangers up. Just want to pull my garage together and have it look great.......BUT I don't want to spend a ton of money either. ( I did see one set of units that did not attach to the wall....had a bar to hang cabinets from above a work station. Would be an investment that I could take if I ever moved)

Besides taking down most of the brackets and stuff down(except a line of shelves about two foot from the ceiling....I want everything to be mostly on what I consider the front of the garage.

So.....my question is........have you used any of the modular units available now at the home improvement stores and would you recommend them or not??????
Please respond.......
Thanks...Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Okay guys......single mother needs your imput!

Hi,
Well, we moved to a new house that has a smaller double car garage than our previous house so I had to really think and plan. I bought the Black and Decker module kits from Lowes. They took time to put together, and boxes are very heavy, - requiring tools, but so far I am enjoying them. Have a large closet, workbench with pegboard and cabinet/drawer units under it, and a roll along drawer unit. It was pricey but I wanted something nice looking. It's been very handy and I have room for all my "guy toys." There are quite a few other brands and some frequently go on sale, like Sears and Home Depot. It all comes down to $$$$ and how handy you or someone else is in building them, and how much room you have. For garden tools, there are specific racks for that, both hanging and stationary on the floor. Post a picture of your garage and maybe someone can give you suggestions.

o
RE: Okay guys......single mother needs your imput!

bumping.......hoping to get some more input as I am "doing" my garage this weekend!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here