Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO goes beyond limit switch setting

Posted by wiatordad (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 07 at 20:22

I have a problem that I haven't seen mentioned yet. When I try to lower the door the Craftsman GDO (std 1/2 hp model) lowers the door but goes well past closing the door - the trolley runs until it strikes the wall bracket. I took the cover off assuming it was a problem with the limit switch. However, the limit switch seem to be set at a point where the door would shut off as it reached the floor, but the limit switch just gets bent out of shape. When raising the door the trolley goes to the limit then reverses about a foot then returns to the proper place.
We recently lost some appliances and telephones due to a near by thunderstorm. Did I fry the controller on my GDO as well?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO goes beyond limit switch setting

Sure sounds like the logic board has taken a hit. You can try cleaning the contact surfaces of the limit switch with some emery cloth or a nail file. Very remote possibility though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here