Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
v1rok_gw

LiftMaster 1/2-HP GDO -- Problem

v1rok
17 years ago

Started experiencing problems with my LiftMaster 1/2hp GDO. It is basically not useful in its current condition and I need to figure out what is wrong with it.

When I push wall button (or press remote button -- exactly the same effect) it tries to lift the door (if it is in a closed position), moves it up a few inches, and then stops. It does not go into reverse. Just sits like that. After that it does not respond to any of my pushing for a while (3-6 minutes maybe?) Then the light comes back and if I press the button again the cycle repeats: the motor moves the door up a few inches then stops and "dies" for few mintes.

I tried opening the box to see what is inside but did not notice anything strange. No burned spots as far as I was able to notice. I even disconnected the logic board and inspected it carefully -- again nothing really suspicious. Well, I am no electrical engineer to really be able to troubleshoot the logic board, but from the description provided can somebody advise me on what could be wrong with my GDO?

This LiftMaster appears to be manufactured in 1999 and the model number of the board is 41A5021-D.

Thanks!

Comments (6)