Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
remote control stop working

Posted by thinkben (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 18, 09 at 19:19

I have a craftsman 1/2HP garage door opener. Model No. 139.53664SRT2. Recently one of remote control (I have two but I only use one) stopped working. I replaced the battery but was unable to reprogram it. I tried both remote control but neither worked. I have a homelink from my SUV synced with opener too. Homelink at SUV works ok. I can still open/close the garage door from SUV.

Another issue, blocking sensor beam won't turn the light on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: remote control stop working

Did the second remote quit working after you tried to program the first one? Try programming them again and try before programming the second one.

The feature of having the motor unit light bulbs come on automatically when you walk into the garage is a feature that has only been on the market a relatively short time. Not all machines have this capability built into the logic board.

If your machine has this capability the only way you can turn it on or off is with a "three function wall switch." This means that in addition to a button that opens and closes the door there are two other buttons on the same wall switch. One is marked LIGHT and the other is marked LOCK.

To turn the feature on turn the lights on manually with the wall switch then press and hold the LIGHT button for about 10 seconds until the motor unit light bulbs flash.

Now if the light bulbs are on, manually turn them off and then walk out through the open door. The light bulbs should come on.

To disable this feature, start with the light bulbs OFF and everything else is the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here