Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Programming an universal garage door remote

Posted by debrahmartin (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 07 at 17:24

I have a garage door opener that is 13 yrs. old, and when we bought this house, we weren't given any remotes for it. I just bought a Clicker universal remote for it, and I've been trying to program it to work with our Liftmaster 1/3 hp Professional Line opener, for which we have no manual. What the remote's instructions say I should be finding on the opener is not what I'm actually finding. There are no dip switches, brand switches or smart buttons. There are three wires, and two little yellow dials that control the speed and pressure of the door. If anyone can tell me how to program the Clicker that I bought, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Debrah Martin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Programming an universal garage door remote

Just to the left of where all those white wires go you should find a button. This is the smart/learn button. Press and hold the button on your new remote and then press and release the smart/learn button. You should now be programmed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here