Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door bottom weather strip question

Posted by walter08 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 30, 08 at 17:17

I recently had a Martin Garage Door installed and much to my chagrin there is a 4.5" gap where the door meets the floor. It tapers back to the middle where it is flush again with the floor. I'm trying to find out if there is a weather strip that I can install to make up this difference. My driveway is black top (asphalt) and the only thing I can think of is to purchase some bags of asphalt and build a speed bump.

Any suggestions?

Walter

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door bottom weather strip question

Hmmmmm.....sounds like your floor in your garage is not level.

I would check that first. If it is level, I think you should call the company back that installed your new Martin door for you - immediately.

If it isn't level, I am somewhat surprised that the installing company did not inform you of that issue at the time the estimate was performed or after it was installed. With that being said, yes there is a product that you can install that will compensate for the gap between the door and the floor.

It is called Storm Shield and it is installed on the floor of the garage with a construction adhesive. Call the company you got your door from and see if they would be willing to install it for you. If not, you should be able find the product at your local hardware store or online.

Let me know if you can't find it and I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here