Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO only travels in one direction. Please help. Tnx

Posted by joe (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 17:03

Hi,
I have a 1993 Craftsman GDO, model 139.53636SRT.
Recently the door will only stay in the open position. The LED is ok, and the transmitters are working fine. The safety sensors are also ok and aligned. It only wants to travel in the open directions. The limit switch assembly is fine. I believe the board went bad..bc when the switch hits the up contact it should sent the signal back to the board so it can rotate the opposite direction. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO only travels in one direction. Please help. Tnx

You are correct. The relay on the logic board or the board itself could be bad. Either way it is a new board.

o

• Posted by joe (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 19:35

Hi Don,
I found a logic board from model 139.53970srt. My model is 139.53636srt. The controls are the same, the schematics show the same connections. Same voltage rating etc..and they both refer to a replacement board 41a4252-6. Do you think it will work? Thanks for the help.
Best,
Joe

o

The part number for the board should be printed on them. If they are the same number except for anything after the dash they will work. The number after the dash just refers to engineering changes.

o

• Posted by joe (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 19, 10 at 21:38

Hi Don,
Yes the numbers are the same just the one after the dash are different. Thank you so much.
Regards,
Joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here