Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Doors.

Posted by djchapple (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 07 at 16:54

My daughter needs a new garage door, 7ft 6in wide and 7ft 0in high. No part of the door must move in front of the vertical position occupied by the door when closed. i.e all parts of the door must move up or backwards.

A roller door is not possible as there is no room above the door opening for the rolled-up door.

A sectional door is a possibility.

I also understand that it is possible to buy a rigid door that meets our requirements.

Can anyone offer and suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Doors.

I think your best bet is to look in the yellow pages. Sounds like a sectional door will work. I have only seen a rigid door that would meet your needs on an airplane hangar. The top swings in and the bottom rides up on rollers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here