Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - Receiver wireing screwup? Won't open. No diagram

Posted by meagain (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 16:27

I screwed up. Wanted to see why my garage opener light wasn't working. Saw what I thought was a broken white wire, reattached it where I thought it should go - Nothing works with it in or out.

Genie GR390-12 receiver with 3 wires attached to old Moore O Matic Sioux 72 1/3hp.
Plug in wall has 2 wires (red/white) coming out of it. White one was not attached (I think it was?)
Genie receiver has red spliced to the above red wire with tape over them.
Genie's black and white are attached fine.

I can't find any instructions/manuals on anything. What do I do with this white wire (if anything). I just can't figure out why this all stopped working as soon as I take off the plastic lid (basically) Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - Receiver wireing screwup? Won't open. No diagram

The hardwire buttons works fine to open/close.

o

I fixed it. Not sure exactly how though.

Now I need the light bulb to work.

o

Try unplugging the unit and using a small screwdriver pull out on the center contact in the light socket. Works sometimes as it gets smashed.

o

Tried that. No dice. The connectors seem ok. Solid. IDK. I do have a tester but it has multiple settings on it and I'm not quite sure how to measure to see if it has juice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here