Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repainting inside of garage...

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 16:09

It beat up a bit an dirty. I do not plan on spackling an dsuch...just want aa cleaner appearance. What type of paint should I use: Flat, eggshell, semi-gloss etc ect

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repainting inside of garage...

Inside the garage, personally I would use semi-gloss. That way if you need to wipe it down, you can do so more easily.

o

flat will hide theimperfections more, BUT it will hold stains/show dirt more. eggshell will hide imperfections and still wipe clean fairly easily. gloss/semi gloss will show every imperfection but wipe clean easily.

personally, i would get a cna of the CHEAPEST paint they have and use it. Wally world often has interior paint for 5-7.00 a gallon if you get the premixed colors. custom colors run more.

o

I was thinking of holding out for a gallon or two of mismatches at HD...if I can get 2 the same in a light color.

o

even if they ain't the same, jus tmix them and create an even color! long as both are the light it should be okay. you may end up with a semigloss eggshell or somethign, but it is just a garage!

o

never thought of that..great idea!

o

I was reading an older forum and the consensus appears to be to use exterior paint with primer on an unheated garage.

good luck

o

I went to a local paint store and picked up a five gallon bucket of semigloss latex that was returned by a customer...the tint was close enough for me and the price was much cheaper because they wanted to get it off their hands. Looks good in the garage.

Casey

"http://www.driverdb.com/Sean McDonagh"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here