Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears garage door opener 139.53629srt remote stopped working

Posted by hotwheljoe (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 14:23

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
RE: Sears garage door opener 139.53629srt

Posted by hotwheljoe (My Page) on Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 14:21

i also have the same opener.
my problem that just started is the battery powered remote and the built-in remote on my car no longer activates the opener. the wired switch inside the house still works the opener, however the green light inside the switch is now flickering.
also about 2 weeks ago, the light socket has stopped working. the light will not turn on when opened or closed.
any suggestions?

thanks a lot!

joe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears garage door opener 139.53629srt remote stopped working

Sounds like the lock function has been turned on. Press and hold for 3 seconds the button on your wall control that has an icon of a lock on it. That should get your remotes working and stop that light from flashing. After that you can try unplugging the unit from the wall, removing the light bulb and pulling up or out on the center contact in the light socket. That sometimes gets pushed down and won't make contact. Sometimes you just need to try a different bulb.

o
RE: Sears garage door opener 139.53629srt remote stopped working

thanks a lot, they both worked for me!

joe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here