Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leakage under garage door. Need Advice

Posted by Leggyownz (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 14:11

So I am now renting out a house and as I am renting this house I want to make home repairs so that when I purchase my first house I will actually be able to make home repairs easily.

My garage has a little spot where the concrete dips down and therefore leaving a gap under the garage door. I want a simple fix to this problem so the leaking will stop and also stop letting bugs in. Any advice/help is much appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leakage under garage door. Need Advice

You might want to ask your landlord before practicing DIY projects on his property.

What is condition of the weatherstrip on bottom the garage door? Replacement may be necessary and they do sell thicker weatherstripping to accommodate irregularities in the floor. Beyond that you may need to use a patching or leveling compound to even out floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here