Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears garage door remote problem

Posted by jvachon (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 29, 06 at 13:42

I have a craftsman 1/2 hp door opener (model #139.53674SRT2) about 6 years old and one of the remotes stopped working. I changed the battery and when I press the button on the remote, the red light flashes on the opener so I know that it's getting a signal. I've tried the instructions listed in the manual to 'add a remote' by pressing and holding the remote button while pressing the 'SRT' button on the opener and then releasing but it still did not work. The other remote still works. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears garage door remote problem

It sounds like you are doing the correct steps to program your remote. The remote actually sends 2 signals to operate your opener. One is a radio signal that causes that little light to flash and the other is a code that the receiver must also recognize. I think your remote has lost the code portion and there is no way to recover it.

o
RE: Sears garage door remote problem

Rats .... so there is no inexpensive solution ??? Sears sells the replacements for $35 but I think that's a bit high. Any other suggestions??
Thanks for the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here