Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GDO Car Remote and Keypad

Posted by vanette (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 13:40

The battery in my GDO car remote went out this weekend. I replaced the battery and "reprogrammed" the remote using wonderful info I found on previous postings. However, after I got the remote to work my wireless keypad wouldn't work. I figured out how to "reprogram" it and got it working but then the car remote wouldn't work. How do I get the car remote and the keypad to work at the same time? The model number on my car remote is 139.53681B. The GDO is a Craftsman 1/2hp -not sure about the model number.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GDO Car Remote and Keypad

Sounds like your remote reverted to an earlier technology. This is what causes this kind of problem. Go to Sears and get a new remote with the same model number you listed. You should then be able to program it and your keypad.

o
RE: GDO Car Remote and Keypad

maybe you are using a earlier fixed-code technology which uses dip switches to set the address pins of encoder and decoder ic, when you do the programming, maybe you should check your manual for dip switch addressing information.
and maybe you should check out the garage door opener remote dip switch calculator at solidremote, it will save you a lot of calculations.

Here is a link that might be useful: garage door opener remote dip switch calculator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here