Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vanette_gw

GDO Car Remote and Keypad

vanette
17 years ago

The battery in my GDO car remote went out this weekend. I replaced the battery and "reprogrammed" the remote using wonderful info I found on previous postings. However, after I got the remote to work my wireless keypad wouldn't work. I figured out how to "reprogram" it and got it working but then the car remote wouldn't work. How do I get the car remote and the keypad to work at the same time? The model number on my car remote is 139.53681B. The GDO is a Craftsman 1/2hp -not sure about the model number.

Comments (2)

• Don_
    17 years ago

Sounds like your remote reverted to an earlier technology. This is what causes this kind of problem. Go to Sears and get a new remote with the same model number you listed. You should then be able to program it and your keypad.

• sjtulirui_yahoo_com_cn
    13 years ago

maybe you are using a earlier fixed-code technology which uses dip switches to set the address pins of encoder and decoder ic, when you do the programming, maybe you should check your manual for dip switch addressing information.
    and maybe you should check out the garage door opener remote dip switch calculator at solidremote, it will save you a lot of calculations.

Here is a link that might be useful: garage door opener remote dip switch calculator