Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tra21

Sears Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Issue

tra21
14 years ago

I bought a 3/4 HP Craftsman Door Opener from Sears on 2/10/09. Installed it a few weeks later. Everything was working ok until yesterday morning. The door opened fine but when I went to close it starts to go down but then reverses and goes back up. The ligths on unit flash 10 times, which according to the manual is a sensor issue. I checked and the Sending Sensor is illuminated but the Receiving sensor is not. I checked the alignment and the sensors are in the same spots that they have always been in since the door was installed a few months ago. I checked my wires and didn't see any signs that they are bad. To be safe I un-connected them and re-connected. The light on Receiving Sensor does not illuminate even after doing this. The only thing I noticed is that when the connections are made with the white and white/black wires if all the wires are touched together then the Sensor lights up. Could it be an issue with the Sensor itself? Tried calling the Support # on the manual but was told they wouldn't talk to me over the phone that they would have to send someone out to take a look at it.

Comment (1)