Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sears Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Issue

Posted by tra21 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 7, 09 at 11:58

I bought a 3/4 HP Craftsman Door Opener from Sears on 2/10/09. Installed it a few weeks later. Everything was working ok until yesterday morning. The door opened fine but when I went to close it starts to go down but then reverses and goes back up. The ligths on unit flash 10 times, which according to the manual is a sensor issue. I checked and the Sending Sensor is illuminated but the Receiving sensor is not. I checked the alignment and the sensors are in the same spots that they have always been in since the door was installed a few months ago. I checked my wires and didn't see any signs that they are bad. To be safe I un-connected them and re-connected. The light on Receiving Sensor does not illuminate even after doing this. The only thing I noticed is that when the connections are made with the white and white/black wires if all the wires are touched together then the Sensor lights up. Could it be an issue with the Sensor itself? Tried calling the Support # on the manual but was told they wouldn't talk to me over the phone that they would have to send someone out to take a look at it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sears Craftsman 3/4 HP Garage Door Issue

If your sensors are definitely pointed at one another and the light still doesn't come on then it is a bad sensor. The receiving sensor is usually the one to fail. But remember if they aren't pointed at one another the sending unit will still be lit and the receiving light will be out. Tweak them a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here