Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage door opener

Posted by cash53 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 10:42

I'm new to the forum. I hope someone can help out. I have a 1/2HP opener about 8 years old. Just started to not close completely without reversing. It will get to about 4" of the floor before reversing in direction. There are electric eyes on the unit and I have cleaned and checked alignment with them. I have tried to make a height adjustment for the down direction, making no difference. I have checked the down pressure adjustment and it is maxed out(always has been). If I remove the emergency release from the door, the operator will operate through a full cycle without fail. If I check the balance of the door, the door actually closes down without pushing it down at all, it will close on it's own. If it means anything, the amber light on the rear of the unit blinks a series of 5 blinks at each interval. Any ideas? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage door opener

I'm confused. Is it reversing or not reversing. Your down force should never be maxed out. If your door is properly balanced the bottom will stay between waist and chest high when released. Sounds like your opener is working okay but needs proper adjusting and your door needs looked at by a professional.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here