Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Genie Door Opener ~ Light Does Not Turn OFF - Help!

Posted by subzerofantastic (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 07 at 3:20

hello,
i have genie garage door opener, a screw drive 2 piece track and i hate it, nevertheless, for the last week the lights will not turn off, i have checked the wires, the door switch, and disconnected the wires from the motor...but the light still stays on.

Is there anyway that i can deal with the relay on the board myself, meaning fix it or ??, or do i need to buy a whole new board? AND if i do have to buy a board or a relay will i even be able to figure out how to put it in? i dont want to have to perform major surgery to fix it.

..otherwise just remove the lights all together or junk it.

thanks for any input!
Genie Model No.G5700

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Genie Door Opener ~ Light Does Not Turn OFF - Help!

The only way to fix it is to put a board in it. It is simple to put a board in. Pull the cover off. To small screws at the very bottom of the cover and then one on the left and top right. Slide the cover off. If you are standing behind the opener looking towards the door, the board will be on the top left side. It will have two wiring harnesses hooked to it and will also have a screw holding it in place. Pull the screw out disconnect the wiring harnesses and the board slides out. The board will have a white sticker with a number on it. FOR example 31184R. That would be the part number. Genie's number is 1-800-843-4084. You will have to call them to order the board.

Good luck

o

I have a couple of old Genie garage door openers and while they both still work fine, one of them has lost control of the timer on the light so the light stays on all the time. I've searched all over and cannot find any 27504R or 20384R sequencer circuit boards for replacement purposes.

I called the Genie number listed above and the circuit board in question has not been manufactured for quite a while and is not in stock anywhere I've been able to find.

o

Once you get into this situation it is either replace the opener or remove the bulb and do without an automatic light.

o

Try removing the compact fluorescent bulb, replace it with old style incandescent. Something about the ballast interferes with the circuit board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here