Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage door opener problem

Posted by sunnos9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 14 at 23:39

Friends,
I have an issue with my Chamberlain Garage door opener.
It opens fine, but wouldnt close using the remotes / main control panel. I have to keep the button pressed down and that closes the door.
During closing both the sensor LEDs do NOT light up.
When the door is completely closed, both the sensor LEDs light up bright, I verify that the green blinks when I put my hand in its path and all that..
It is indicating that the problem is with the sensors. The LED diagnostic light blinks twice to indicate that wire is shorted or reversed . It was working fine till a few days ago, so I'm not keen on the wires getting reversed theory..

How can I trace a sensor wire short? If the sensor wires are shorted, would they light up at all (In my case they light up just fine after the door is force closed).

Any suggestions friends? or am I looking at a faulty control board or something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage door opener problem

Check the wiring. If it's stapled to the door frame there might be a short. Brought on by hot, humid weather?

Make sure there aren't any places where the wire insulation is damaged. loosen tight staples to free with wire a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here