Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Unique/alternative siding options?

Posted by carlab44 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 22:46

We tore down an old shed that abutted our garage. This has left us with a medium sized area where we need to replace the garage siding (which currently is painted shingle and in need of serious repair). The space where the shed had been is going to be used as a sort of sport court and the area that needs to be patched will be behind and below a basketball hoop. I'm thinking of doing something sort of unique here - maybe some sort of chalkboard material that the kids can write on? (they're 4 and 17 months)

Does anyone know if this will stand up to the elements (rainy Seattle)? Or have any other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Unique/alternative siding options?

"Chalkboard material" of days gone by would as it was slate but the laminated sawdust of today would not. There is a lot that can be done with concrete but I would try to use something more forgiving for sport areas. Try looking at some products offered by the commercial sporting goods stores for that very purpose/location. Chalk may it work on it but dry erase would and watercolors would be a convenient medium too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here