Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbptlp1969

Craftsman 1/2hp GDO - Only 1 transmitter works

jbptlp1969
17 years ago

I will summarize as brief as I can. I inherited a 1/2 horspower Craftsman GDO and 3 transmitters (Mine, Wife's, Spare) - model# 139.53681B from the previous owner and of course there is no owners manual.

Everything has functioned perfectly for 3 years until 2 days ago. One transmitter stopped working (mine). Thinking the battery needed to be replaced, I purchased a new one. This did nothing to correct the issue. The LED is not responding when any of the buttons are pressed.

So, I tried the spare transmitter. The LED does recognize a button is pressed but when I program it (according to the directions printed on the back of the unit), it still will not respond.

I erased the codes (by holding in the button for over 6 seconds). I was able to reprogram my wife's transmitter without any issue but the spare still will not respond.

So I am left with one transmitter that works just like before (wife's), the spare which the GDO LED recognizes but will not program and mine which is now not gettting any response from the LED and thus cannot be programmed.

I apologize for the length but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments (3)