Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blueeyes64

garage door issues

blueeyes64
17 years ago

I have a craftsman opener that seems to not close via car remote or inside garage remote (did not install outside keyboard). It seems to do this between around 3 to 6:00pm and I live in Texas...it is blazing hot (104 degrees) now, and when it was less hot approximately 90 degrees.

I suspect there is problem related to hot temperatures as the problem resolves after 6:00pm. The door will close sometimes after several times, yet other times it won't--leaving me to disengage it and manually close it.

A friend (no repairman) said it could be that the codes are confused by neighbors who are coming home, when they then use their GDO. I am not certain since most neighbors tend to not be home--though the neighbor behind me (retired) and beside me do arrive at odd hours. None of them are having any GDO problems. Help! I am female, ignorant, but not dumb (as I have read and stated by others) on earlier forums. I may not be on the computer all night or during the day, but I will check tomorrow for any suggestions. Thanks.

Comments (3)