Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installation of 1/2 HP Craftsman

Posted by bulldogben (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 22:07

I'm trying to install a 2001 Craftsman 1/2 HP unit with a model #13953975SRT1. I recently purchased this from an auction on e-bay. It came with no instructions and from communications with the seller he has no idea how it was either installed or taken down. I have searched everywhere and no one has a installation manual; not even Sears. The problem : There are three terminals on the unit itself and 4 wires necessary to make everything function. Any ideas on which wires to connect to which terminal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installation of 1/2 HP Craftsman

I could only offer a guess. If you have three terminals and four wires, two of the wires must share a "common" terminal. Since it's easiest to share the middle terminal I'd bet the wires hook up A-B and B-C.

You might also look around Sears' website (and since Chamberlain makes a lot of Craftsman openers, their website too) for a similar model. I'd bet the wire plan is the same for most of the units.

Mike

o
RE: Installation of 1/2 HP Craftsman

There really should be 6 wires and 3 terminals. 2 wires come from the wall button and 2 wires come from each of the door sensors. Let's just hook up the 4 that you have and I have to assume they are from the door sensors. Each set of wires has a solid white wire and a white wire with a black stripe. The 2 solid white wires go to terminal 2 and the 2 white wires with the black stripe go to terminal 3. If you get the correct wall control with wiring, the white wire with the red stripe goes to terminal 1 and the solid white wire goes to terminal 2. Hope this helps you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here