Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
athiker_gw

Craftsman 1/2 hp only goes partway

athiker
16 years ago

I have a Craftsman 1/2 hp model 139.53995SRT mfg in 10/2001. I've owned this home about a year and have had intermittant problems the whole time. A spring finally broke a month or so ago and I had both professionally replaced. I know he also set the down and up limit parameters. He said my problems could be that on hot days (live in the south) that the board could over heat after a few uses.

Problem will occur both closing and opening...it will go part way and then stop. Sometimes it will reset quickly and if I hold the button down it usually will go all the way. Sometimes it won't reset for a few hours and I have to use the red rip cord release. By reset I mean the green light on the wall button relights.

The last few days it has not reset at all. The one sensor is constant yellow. The green sensor is dark. I can move it around a bit and get it to light, but only for a moment as it will flicker then go dark. Jiggling the wire seems to have no effect. Help!?...new sensor? New board? New everything?

Thanks.

Comment (1)