Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Motor out of sync

Posted by earlybird_2007 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 07 at 19:32

My 1/2 HP Craftsman GDO-13953629 SRT recently raised too high and jammed against the stop bolt on the track. The motor will only run in one direction-up. I tried removing the chain but it would not run down. Is there an easy way to get the motor back in sync? I would really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks,

jimbo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Motor out of sync

Sounds like your up and down limit assembly may be broken or badly mis-adjusted. Take the cover off and you will see it right on the bottom. Check for broken parts. Have you adjusted anything?

o

Yes, I have probably got the limit switchs out of adjustment trying to get the motor to run the other direction. I don't see anything broken though. How do I set them correctly?

Thanks

jimbo

o

First thing I would do it adjust the up limit until it is touching the center contact. At this point your door should go down. You can now adjust them to open and close the door the proper distance. Let us know what happens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here