Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interior garage door/trim color ideas

Posted by dellagiammusso (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 19:04

I almost completed the interior of my garage.

I had my garage floor done with a beautiful black and silver flake epoxy over a light grey base tone on floor. The finish has a very high gloss top coat that looks stunning! . . It almost looks wet!

The walls were just painted a medium charcoal for the top half of the walls. The bottom half I had a PVC Material (taupe color) attached to the wall (easy to just hose down). Wall cabinets are white, and door at the moment, is a bright bright white color with black accents. I think I do want to keep the black accents.

I am trying to figure out:

(1) Should I mute the white a bit on the door color so not to be so stark and get them closer to the white in the cabinets orrrr maybe paint the door an extremely light grey color?

(2) The trim right now matches the wall which I'm NOT sure I like. I was thinking of doing the trim a very deep charcoal color (almost black but not quite) . . same color I actually used on the beam that runs across the garage ceiling. And maybe make the stairs the same color as the trim?

Need some suggestions.

I attached a picture to give you a visual.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interior garage door/trim color ideas

Personally, I like the contrast of the white so I would not mute it.

Is the dark charcoal color the same on the trimmed panels in the door? If so, I would do the door trim in that. In my opinion, that will make the door "pop" more - but I happen to like that contrast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here