Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door opener

Posted by bgonzales999 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 08 at 17:13

I installed a drive gear and a worm gear on my old motor and then when I reinstalled it it goes up fine but I have to push the button repeatedly to get it to go up. Follow the link to see what I mean.

Here is a link that might be useful: GDO problems

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door opener

On the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go you will find the 'down force'. Try increasing this a bit and see if it doesn't improve.

o

I have messed with those screws and there is no improvement. But just in case I tried what you said with the same result.

o

someone in my neighborhood can open my garage door, how can i change my remote that i use from my car?

o

I would consult your owners manual find it at this address

http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/products/ManualSearchDisplay.action?sid=MMHMxSearsx00019

As for my problem it was a broken solder on the board which I fixed but thanks for the help.

o

Alright so after I repaired that solder it worked fine for a bit but now I doesn't open all the way and it somtimes closes all the way but no matter how far it closes it reverses. It works if I hit the button wait for it to reverse then hit the button twice quickly.

o

Maybe is time for a new opener, how old is your opener?

Here is a link that might be useful: Garage Door openers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here