Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman remotes will not work

Posted by red2part (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 16:13

I have a craftsman garage door opener model 139.53975SRT
1/2hr. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago & now neither of the remotes will work besides to open it. I have lost the manual so I am looking for help here. In order to shut the garage now, I have to use the button that is hardwired and hold it down until the garage shuts completely.

When it began to not work properly with the remotes, it would shut partially and then go back up again. Now it will not shut at all.

Any ideas of what I can try?
Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman remotes will not work

I think what you have is a problem with the sensors at the door. Each of them should have a small light. If one is lit and the other is not it is probably misalignment. They must be pointed at one another to work correctly. Tweak them a bit and see if you can get both lights on.

o

Both of the lights are on, they're both green. So they seem to be aligned okay

o

It is important that you look very closely at those green lights to make sure one is not blinking ever so slightly. It seems dumb but there are occasions where the sensor is receiving enough of the infrared signal to turn the light on but not enough to satisfy the logic board. You haven't mentioned if the main light on the motor unit flashes 10 times. If it does it verifies misaligned sensors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here