Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman garage door opener remote & key pad not work

Posted by elexcia (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 16:02

I purchased a home & opener has no manual but I can push the button on the wall to open & close but the green lite is not displayed on the wall unit & the outside keypad doesn't work either as well as my remote. I have replaced keypad battery & remote battery & have also tried to re-set the codes but to no avail. I believe it must be something with the green lite on the wall unit not working. Can anyone advise?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman garage door opener remote & key pad not work

I think your receiver has quit. The remote and the keypad both require a receiver but the wall button does not. Try removing the wires from the wall button at terminals 1 and 2 and see if your remote works. If not, you have a bad logic board.

o
Craftsman garage door opener key pad problem

I have a 1/2 hp craftsman garage door opener that is about nine years old. It worked fine until a month ago. The first thing i noticed was the wireless keypad quit working. Changed the battery and it still would not work. Another thing i noticed was that, even tho the sensor beams were operable (green light on), the light on the motor did not come on when i walked in the garage breaking the beam. Nor did i hear the relay clicking as before. Is this and the keypad problem related? All other functions of the opener, including the light (when the door opens)and remotes work ok. What is the fix?

o

I have a key pad for my garage door opener that is not working . I do not know password and would like to know how to reset to put in new password .

o

If it is a wireless keypad do this:

Locate the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit near where all those white wires go. Press and immediately release this and then walk over to the keypad and key in any 4 digit code you like and press enter.

Please note that you don't give a manufacturer or model number. This information is pure assumption.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here