Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door Opener Problem

Posted by crvgt (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 14, 06 at 11:28

Seen lots of postings about doors that won't open and the motor only hums when the button is pressed. Mine has that problem and I've tried lots of things, but still no luck. Just swapped out the starter capacitor and no dice. My last question before calling for service is this...I notice that when I run my hand past the sensors, the opener light does not go on. The LED's blink so I know they are talking to one another, but I'm wondering why the light does not go on. I know the light works because it does go on when I press the wall button. Thanks for any ideas.
Ron

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door Opener Problem

The feature that turns the main light on when you pass your hand in front of the sensors may have been toggled off. Press and hold the light button on your wall control for 10 seconds. Did your door opener stop working when the door was in the open position. If so, make sure the trolley isn't jammed against the bolt in front of the motor unit. What LED's are you referring to that blink?

o
RE: Garage Door Opener Problem

The LED's are located on the door sensors....in any event, I finally got the door to work. I kept playing with the tension on the chains - I guess it was "jammed against the bolt" after all. Thanks for your response

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here