Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
programming remotes on GDO

Posted by efamily71 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 11:28

Hello members i have a sears craftsman GDO model # 139.53644srt tht is quite old but seemed to work fine. was just a little loud. my neighbor gave me a chamberlain liftmaster GDO model #1346 which had more HP. When i switched them out i could not get remotes to program to chamberlain GDO. Also i do have an keyless entry tht would not program but wall unit worked fine. Any Ideas folkes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: programming remotes on GDO

The Craftsman model is 390mhz and the Liftmaster is 315mhz. They are not compatible. The wall control works because it is hardwired and does not use the receiver.

o

ok so odviously i should just put old one back up...so then any ideas on how to quite down motor. will lubricating do the trick.

o

ok so now i put old GDO back up and now none of the remotes will reprogram...now what! i see so many ppl with issues surrounding these units just seems such a hastle...can anyone help plzzz im at my wits end...oh and i did change out batteries just in case..and little light next to green memory button just stays on for about 15 sec. when i push it.

o

To program your remotes: Press and hold the button down on the remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit. Do not hold it in.

Lubricating all the hinges on your door and the bearings of the rollers will help. There is also a vibration isolation kit available which will help with the noise. It is part number 41A3263 and you should be able to get this at any door opener service company. You can install it yourself.

o
Gdo Problems

Thanx don 1 i did try those procedures but got no response from GDO could it be logic board. also loudness is coming from the motor itself. so can i quite it down by lubricating motor gears inside of GDO. Thanx again don 1 i see tht u answer alot of these same ??? over n over we all appreciate ur input and knowledge on these matters oh n most improtantly ur Patience...thanx again sincerly efamily.....

o

Lubricating the gears may help but it is normally the door itself and vibrations that cause all the noise. Try running the opener without the door attached to see how noisy it is. The logic board could be the cause of your problem but it is expensive.

o
GDO success......

ok i dont no how i did it but i have mastered this GDO ive now put the chamberlain one up and have gotten both transmitters to sync.... thank God... wheww...this has been a brain teaser but i got it thanx again.....

o

Perfect. Thanks for letting me know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here