Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need your help

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 08 at 9:27

I know this is not a garage question but you guys always have a helpfull answer!

Stupid question but now that we are grilling and have accumulated some decent Weber tools, (fork, knife, grill brush, spatula, squers, tongs etc)...well, where the heck do you store the tools? Inside the home, in the shed, under the grill???...I know it sounds dumb but these things occupy a bit of space and having them in the house is a pain. I fear leaving them under the grill or in the grill or hanging on the grill will cause rust and Yuk...and when you remove the grill cover they come flying off anyway!...where the heck do you keep these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need your help

my wife bought a 4-5 inch deep plastic tub, probably 24 inches long and 10 inches wide. i put all my stuff in it and toss it on a shelf in teh pantry. i leave my grill brush for cleaning the grates and my water bottle under the grill, everythign else comes inside.

o
I need your help

I recently purchased a clicker remote control because my previous one wasn't closing my garage door. I programmed the new and and it would work fine until I got into my truck and turned on the engine, then it would deprogram the remote! Does anyone know why this would be happening?

o

what the hell does that have to do with grilling stuff?

o

Gads, I know exactly what you mean. I once stored a rotisserie under my grill and it rusted. I also tried the plastic bin method but it was inconvenient to replace the tools after they were washed. And since I was storing eating utensils in it, I always felt compelled to try to keep the lid clean which was impossible.

As far as Im concerned the lower compartment of a grill isn't good for storing anything except a propane bottle, and we dont have one of those.

In the end I wound up devoting one of my small kitchen drawers to grilling tools. Now they're easy to put away after they've been cleaned and they're easy to access on our way out the door.

o
RE: I need your help (p.s.)

I should probably clarify that we stored the plastic bin under the grill, which is why the lid was always filthy. If you have somewhere clean to store it that would definately work much better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here