Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
craftsman keyless entry touchpad

Posted by dpduren (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 23:41

Hi,

I am having trouble with a Craftsman Wireless Keyless Entry Touch Pad (#53876) opening my Sears garage door opener. The keypad works fine if the door is open to close it. However if the door is closed, it does not work. I have tried changing the battery and have tried reprogramming it. It is frustrating since the door closes fine with the four digit security code if it is open, but it will not open with the same code. It seems to be having problems transmitting to the GDO through the closed door. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: craftsman keyless entry touchpad

Are your hand units working okay? If yes, your keypad may just be getting weak. I assume you also have a metal door which cuts down some of the distance but usually isn't a factor when everything is working correctly.

o

Don_1,

Thanks for the help. Yes, my hand units are working OK. I have a fiberglass door. When you say that the keypad is getting weak, what does that mean? It was replaced on 6/13/04. Thanks again.....

o

It is just a way of saying it is going bad. For some reason like you and don said the key pad is not transmitting through the closed door.

You can buy a new keypad or take a small gauge wire and cut and splice it into the end of the antenna on the opener and run the wire along the ceiling all the way to the front of the garage and see if it works then.

Seems odd but for some reason when I install external recievers the remotes work fine and the keypad does not until this is done.

o

Hi Doorguy,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will let you know if it works or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here