Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman 1/3 HP GDO - No response to buttons

Posted by usp97 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 21:14

I have a Craftsman 1/3 HP GDO in my garage that became unresponsive yesterday. I don't know exactly how old it is, because it was already in place when I bought the house a few years ago. I used the opener yesterday without a problem and then last night it stopped working. When I press the button on the wall inside the garage, there is absolutely no response from the opener, other than the light turning on. I tried the remote, but it responded the same way. I've already checked the sensors and made sure there was nothing obstructing the trolley on the bar. Any other tips and advice would be great. If it seems like it is something that cannot be repaired or is not worth repairing, finding that out sooner, rather than later, would be appreciated. I would just like to get this taken care of, so my wife can easily take our newborn twins for walks in their stroller. It is difficult and a hassle for her to carry the stroller and car seats through the house and down the front steps. Thank you in advance for any help that is offered.

Matthew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman 1/3 HP GDO - No response to buttons

It is getting power because the light works but it could still be a bad connection on the logic board. It should have a year of manufacture on the end closest to the door. If it is over 10 years old it would be best to replace it with a 1/2 HP model.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here