Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Door sensors problem

Posted by rfort_atlanta (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 18, 10 at 20:20

Using Genie Intellicode sensors.
The red one was flashing constantly.
The green one, the light does not come on at all.
I bought a new set of sensors, restripped the wire, but the new sensor does not work either.
So I am thinking this is a wiring problem? Or is there something else I should check?
Just for grins, I connected the original green sensor to wires on another garage door and the green light comes on. So the original sensor was good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Door sensors problem

If I understand correctly, you spliced the new sensors to the existing wires going to the operator. If that's the case, the problem may be a pinched wire.

If the wires are stapled too tightly to the door frames, which is common, they can be pinched by a staple, breaking the wire internally. This can show up after a long time or even be intermittent.

Check each wire carefully for staple pinches. If you find one, you will probably find more. If it is only pinched in one place, you can splice in a repair section. If there are multiple places, I suggest replacing all the wires.

The problem could also be in the operator.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here