Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Genie Garage door opener locked

Posted by scooter4483 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 07 at 19:44

Hi. I was trying to setup my genie keyless pad and i ended up locking the system somehow. My remotes just make the system buzz but the door does not open. My keypad only has digits 0-9 and has no # or * symbols on the pad. How do I unlock the system. The Genie from 92' at least. The door opened once and then relocked. I do have a box on the inside that has a switch inside for 'operate' and 'program' and that's it. The model on the control box inside the garage is 139-53716. Any ideas on how to unlock. Is there a switch inside somewhere that has the unlock codes or anything?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Genie Garage door opener locked

The model number you give for the control box is a Craftsman wireless keypad. It would never work with a Genie opener without another box connected to your opener with wires. Are you sure you have a Genie?

o
RE: Genie Garage door opener locked

you may have ran the opener and overheated it. genies will shut down and come back on after theyve had time to cool, but the buzzing noise shouldnt be there. unless you have a chain glide genie and ran it without the door hooked up. if you have a chain glide genie, take it back down, put it back in the box, and take it back to where you bought it! best bet is a craftsman for diy's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here