Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman Garage door Remote Problem (Both door open at same time

Posted by wailingfung (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 19:08

We've purchased two new 1/2 hp craftsman garage door openers 3 years ago with 3 remote control buttons on each handheld remote without keypad. We only have 2 garages in our house. Recently I've tried to reprogram one of the handheld remote following the instructions, however the after reprogramming, when I press one botton, BOTH of my garage doors open or close together at the same time. I've tried different button so many times and not sure what I've done anymore. I tried to make sure I pressed the corresponding button during the reprogramming process to the match the proper opener but it still give me the same result. What have I done wrong? Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman Garage door Remote Problem (Both door open at same

Let's call these garage doors number one and number two. I think what you did was program one of the remotes from number one to number two or vice versa. This will cause that problem. What causes confusion is you are not programming the remote, you are teaching the receiver to accept the code from the remote.

Now then what we need to do is go to each motor unit and hold the learn/smart button in for six seconds. This will erase the memory of both units and none of your remotes should work. Take the remote(s) you want to work with number one and press the button on the remote while you press and immediately release the learn/smart button on the motor unit. Do this for each remote you want to operate number one. Now do the same thing for number two. You should be okay.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here