Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jboothe_gw

help me!! garage project for fathers day

jboothe
17 years ago

Fathers Day is coming up! My husband got out of the military last July and we bought our first home.....this is the first time he has ever had a garage of his own. He was sooo excited to have a garage and we have spent some time working around the house and yard but have done NOTHING to his poor garage!

Well, it is a WRECK!!!

I want to fix it up for a Fathers Day surprise but I do not know where to start....other than the obvious!

My main question though is in regards to painting. It is finished (drywall) but is there anything I need to do in order to seal before painting? OR has this most likely already been done.....how do I tell?? I am thinking an exterior paint would be best but what type? What is easiest to clean......should it be oil based or WHAT??

See.......I need HELP!

Should I apply two coats? How much paint would a typical garage require? It is a two car garage but not the double door/larger style. However the celing is very tall.

AND is it too humid outside to paint w/the windows and door open? Will that affect the drying time?

Also my husband has a couple of oil marks on the floor that I would like to clean off. Also he ran over a container of black shoe polish......is there any product that will get this stuff off??

And lastly is there anyone in the area that would LOVE to come help.....just kidding!

ANY suggestions on how to get him out of the house for the weekend?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered, Jennifer

Comments (2)