Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karcher Power washer help

Posted by LorieJ (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 17:24

karcher help,
I have a karcher model K2400HH High pressure washer with a Honda GC160 5.0 gas engine.

I am a 62 year old widow and in years past I have powerwashed and stained the deck every two years. I lost my husband 6 years ago and my deck has not been done since. My late husband did all the maintenance on the powerwasher, changing the oil, sparkplugs etc. I never learned how to do any of this so now I am really stuck. I took the spark plug out last year to get a replacement for it and now i cant find it or the replacement that I know I bought.
Can anyone tell me what size spar kplug it takes and how you change the oil in this.? The drain plug is so close to the floor I cant imangine what you drain it into.

Before you ask this Power washer has been in my basement so it has never been anywhere where it had the chance to freeze Of that I am certain.

Any and all help would be appreciated. I cant afford to take it to a dealer or repair place. I want to be sure I have covered all the things I can do before I resort to that.

thanks
Lorie J in CT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karcher Power washer help

You can contact Karcher at 1-800-537-4129 with your model and serial numbers and I'm sure they can tell you what spark plug you need. They can probably email you the manuals too.

Changing oil can be a hassle with lawn and garden type products. Sometimes you can block up the unit using some old bricks or scraps of lumber. Just be careful not to knock it off the blocks and smash your hand. Use something like an old pie tin to catch the oil. Small engines usually don't have a lot of oil in them, maybe a couple of cups. Work on a flattened, cardboard box or two to catch any drips.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here