Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman garage door openers

Posted by RBear (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 7, 14 at 16:41

My craftsman garage door opener, model #139.53660SRT1, moves sometimes a few inches or a few feet, stops, reverses. This happens with the door connected or not. The sensors are alined properly, they never blink but stay green. I made sure the rail was tight, the door when free moves in the track easily. I have adjusted the up/down screw setting numerous times to get the proper force, (following the manual instructions). The motor gets hot the more I move the door, but the problem is the same if motor is hot or cold. The RPM sensor had two tabs that were not completely pushed in, corrected that, but still the same problem. Help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman garage door openers

I am having exactly the same problem with my 1/2 HP Craftsman garage door opener. I have deleted the codes and then reactivated the remotes three times. Within 5 minutes the door started opening and closing erratically non-stop until I unplugged the unit. After plugging back in and recoding, the same things happened. I ended up unplugging the unit overnight and recoding in the morning. So far so good. However, this has happened three times now over the last two years. Any ideas?

o
RE: Craftsman garage door openers

I have a craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener and lost my remote control. I purchased a new one and tried to program it
using the learn button. The problem I have is when you push the learn button it is supposed to flash for a few seconds allowing it
to program the remote my light do not flash so I can't program the new remote. Has anyone has this problem? If so what was the fix? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here