Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liftmaster transmitters not working

Posted by danmasullo (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 25, 06 at 14:21

I have an older model Liftmaster. All of a sudden, the transmitters will not operate the door. The unit works fine when using the wall switch, but of course it is hard wired to the unit. I have checked the batteries on the transmitters and they seem to be working fine (at least the LED lights up when button is depressed). Is this a receiver issue? If so, what does the receiver do, and how do I replace it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liftmaster transmitters not working

Does the wall switch have 3 buttons? If so, press and hold the one with the pad lock icon for 3 seconds and release. Now try the remotes. If this isn't the case then I would suspect the receiver which is part of the logic board and runs around $75.00 plus labor if you are not inclined. If the unit is over 10 years or close to it I would suggest you purchase a new one.

o
RE: Liftmaster transmitters not working

Unfortunately, the wall switch has one button (it looks like a doorbell button). I could change out the receiver, but you're right, probably just better to buy a new unit. Thanks for all of the help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here