Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garage door not working

Posted by Joe_2013 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 14:09

Hello,
My garage door control panel has no green light on. The circuit breaker is not dripped. Is this a wiring problem? How do I remove the control panel (craftsman-wall mount) to check it. Please help. New to this.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garage door not working

Garage door panel?

Do you mean the switch? Does the door still operate?

How old is the unit? Are you sure the beams are aligned? Sometimes they get knocked out of whack and will then trigger the interlock that does not allow them to go up or down.

o

similar issue with a 1.5 yr old overhead door gdo....No power anywhere...yes plug its plugged into has power. It should be under warranty...they will send someone out but wondering what could be wrong....

o

dude came out today...board was fried..put another in...fried..tried to blame electrical outlet...told him I had xmas lights plugged in all season...no problem. He plugged a few things in..all worked. He said he'd order another board and come back....I am suspicous....could the outlet somehow be causing this and if not what else could be causing the boards to blow?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here